Preliminary phase analytical
1.Verification of enhancement initiatives undertaken in the past
2.Talks framework with the Department and with other internal administrative deemed useful
3.Analysis of the level of vulnerability of the system "urban center" through some basic parameters:
- turn over of traders,
- number of rooms and features explicit inactive (see below),
- verification of cost levels of rents and market values of the various uses,
- verification of the intensity and dynamism of the real estate market in the urban fabric through the retrieval and processing of specific data trends,
- backstage interview with a selection of about 100 traders of the city center of Udine, to check the status of the business life cycle and monitor behaviors and attitudes with respect to the target market and compared to the urban settlement.
4. Census field aimed at the reconstruction of the actual product characteristics and commercial economic activity established in the historical center. According to the retail trade legislation such as simply talking of food and non-food, but this is absolutely insufficient for an adequate knowledge of the offer in key marketing. It 'was then made to the historic center a fieldwork universe of economic activities "visible" from the road, and therefore equipped with at least one blank window: detail in the sets, craft service, banks and insurance administration food and beverages, branches of public services, kiosks, cinemas and theaters, giving particular emphasis to the presence of so-called "inactive rooms" or spaces in restructuring, changing, or just temporarily vacant or longer time. It is in fact a "thermometer" crucial and sometimes overlooked - or at least little known at the system level - to capture the overall health status of the urban fabric and the clusters of critical or emerging fragility.
5. Georeferencing of the database: it is one of the most innovative elements of the project, which formed a "wedge" in terms of fundamental information for the gradual process of realignment of the city center of Udine to the concept of the Nature Center: once the process of development of the database of the economic activities of the urban fabric of the historical center of the previous point, we proceeded to its geo-referencing of specific cartographic support provided by the Customer and elaborated by the working group sync Polis. It 'was then carried out a classification of economic activities surveyed, and this classification is shown on the map. In this way, we have created an interactive map of the city center, provided the City Administration. In the moment in which the offices of the Municipality receives information about a change in an activity established (subingresso, processing, transfer etc..), The update of the database produces a simultaneous update of the cartography, which is thus always adequate (and transferable in the network) in real time. The map has been produced for all the organizations (streets and squares) of the center.
6. Reading of the historical center in terms of "natural shopping center":
- quantification of the opportunity to rest,
- alignment of stops compared to the overall size of the commercial network and paracommerciale located in the center,
- verification and cataloging of commercial drivers trained in size or character of the distribution formula,
- quantification of the catchment area for isochronous up to 40 minutes of driving the car through the graph urban and suburban specially deployed by the Working Group Sincron Polis,
- verification of temporal characteristics of the offer (size of the economy diurnal and nocturnal),
- Search and filing the salient elements of the attractiveness of the urban environment, that may be or constitute "flow generating."
- In connection with the previous point, the photographic survey of all the emergencies of the historic center understood as natural trade
7. Interviews with visitors to sample the urban area, in order to verify the origin, the reasons for their presence, behaviors and attitudes of enjoyment of the city center. Were conducted approximately 300 interviews with attendees.
8. Telephone interviews with a sample of households in the municipality of Udine and the adjacent municipalities, perception and enjoyment of the historic center (customer satisfaction), and to reveal among other criteria interchange of cash inflows and outflows, the weight commercial of the city center as an aggregate systemic compared to other destinations of consumption and leisure. Were made about 1,200 interviews with families of Udine and Municipalities in the basin, even in a perspective of benchmarking and the end of the definition of a competitive scenario among some historic centers of large areas. The questions will be tailored to different types of stakeholders.
9. Description of the strengths and weaknesses of the old town bed in terms of natural shopping center, and the related opportunity to intervene in the various segments of the physical and logical connection of the parking lot from the road or the pedestrian path leading to the use of goods and center's services.
10. Preparation of a Preliminary Technical Report, framing and direction for the formulation of the marketing strategy